The following definitions are used in the privacy regulations:
Regulations: these privacy regulations;
Privacy legislation: Personal Data Protection Act (as of 25 May 2018: the General Data Protection Regulation).
Samsara Books & Art
1016 BM Amsterdam
Explanation of the terms
Samsara Books & Art is not allowed to process the data you provide to it without reason. The Privacy Law is meant to protect the privacy of persons. This legislation limits the allowed use of your personal data by others. On the basis of this law Samsara Books & Art has the duty to:
– inform about the way in which and the purpose with which data are processed by Samsara Books & Art;
– inform who is allowed to view the data;
– ask permission for the processing of certain data.
The personal data Samsara Books & Art uses and the purpose of their use
Samsara Books & Art (possibly) possesses your personal data when you become or are a customer of Samsara Books & Art, visit the website, subscribe to newsletters of Samsara Books & Art or when you contact us through the contact form. Samsara Books & Art collects your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. These data enable us to
– Handle the agreements customers make with Embassy Art Gallery financially and administratively;
– deliver our services;
– to be able to reach customers or interested parties when necessary;
– to further develop/optimize our services.
Provision of personal data to third parties
Samsara Books & Art does not provide personal data to persons or companies outside the organisation, unless
– this is required by a legal regulation;
– it is necessary for the execution of an agreement we have made with you;
– you have given us permission to do so.
Obligations/secured access/secrecy/retention period
Samsara Books & Art shall process your personal data exclusively in accordance with the law. This implies (amongst others) that the data shall only be processed for the purpose they were obtained for and in a careful way in accordance with the law and these regulations. Your personal data can only be viewed by persons working for Samsara Books & Art, unless otherwise provided in these regulations. All your personal data are secured by us against unauthorized access.
The security consists
– having a personal password for the persons working for Samsara Books & Art to log in into the digital system.
– The persons working for Samsara Books & Art have a duty of confidentiality with respect to all personal data supplied to Samsara Books & Art;
– Samsara Books & Art has taken technical measures to protect its system against external infringements in accordance with the law;
– your personal data shall not be kept longer than necessary for a proper administration. Samsara Books & Art uses a period of two years after the last purchase/order/invoice, after which the data will be destroyed. The law can prescribe another storage period. If so, Samsara Books & Art will comply with the prescribed legal retention period.
Your rights as involved party
– Right to information: the right to know if and what personal data of yours are processed and for what purpose;
– right of inspection: the right to inspect and copy the data as far as this does not harm the privacy of another person;
– the right to correction, addition or removal of data if necessary (right of correction and removal). The right to request (partial) deletion of your data can only be complied with if the retention of the data is not of significant importance to another party and if the data does not need to be retained pursuant to a statutory regulation;
– the right to object: the right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases;
– the right to data portability: the right to receive the retained personal data in order to be able to transfer them to another organisation;
– the right to a human view on automated decisions. In the case of an automated decision, there is the right to have the decision taken by human intervention.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can do so by emailing [email protected] If your request is denied, an explanation will be given as to why. One reason may be that your file contains information that is or may be of interest to others. You will receive a message from us within one month of your request.
For complaints about the way your personal data is processed, please contact us and we will try to find a solution together. For (other) comments/questions/suggestions, please contact us in writing at the address below.
Samsara Books & Art
1016 BM Amsterdam
The law allows us to store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the use of the website. For all other types of cookies, we need your consent.
This website uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are set by third-party services displayed on our pages.
Your consent is valid for the following areas: www.samsarabooks.shop